An orchestral work by a female composer, that is a delight to play and includes a triangle solo in the fourth movement.
The style is reminiscent of Beethoven and, in fact, Emilie Mayer was known as the 'Female [weibliche] Beethoven'.
The publication of this first printed edition, was followed by a new world premiere in Neubrandenburg, Germany (May 2012) to celebrate the composer's bicentenary.
- Movements: (1) Adagio - Allegro con spirito (2) Marche Funebre (3) Scherzo (4) Allegro
- Orchestral Set: score & parts
- Instrumentation: picc; 2-2-2-2, 2-2-3, timp, triangle, str.
- Duration: (1) 11.00" (2) 9:50"
- Genre: Late Classical / Early Romantic
Contact us to hire the Full Score & Parts