- Contents: (1) Adagio ma non tanto (2) Allegro
- Instrumentation: flute & piano /or flutes 1 & 2
- Difficulty Level: advanced [ UK grade 8 ]
- Duration: (1) 2:00 (2) 3:45" [approx]
- Arranger: R. Trubger
- Genre: Baroque
- Format: Printed Book or digital PDF
- Extras: mp3 play-alongs [4 MB]
Impress your friends with these pieces - they will think that the 1st movement looks really hard (whisper: but it is not really! it's just sort of humming music). By contrast, the 2nd movement will get your fingers and tongue moving - it is lively, fun and very rewarding to play.
these two movements from the Sonata in E-dur / E major by Bach (BWV1067) are frequently featured in the exam syllabus for grade 8.
The included flute duet* is the special feature of this edition, allowing the work to be performed by 2 equal flutes with or without a piano.
*in the duet version, flute 1 has the complete flute solo, while the accompaniment is compressed into a single line for the flute 2.