- Instrumentation: flute & piano / flute & flute 2
- Difficulty Level: upper intermediate [UK grade 6 ]
- Flute 2 arr: R. Trubger
- Duration: [approx] 4:40" [with repeats]
- Genre: Baroque
- Format: Printed Book or digital PDF [12 pages]
- Extras: mp3 play-alongs [size 7MB]
Lively piece in a Minuet style with plenty of quick triplet notes.
Carl Philip Emmanuel Bach was a son of J.S. Bach and a contemporary of C.W Gluck (and his godfather was G.P. Telemann). His compositional style owes much to the older composers, but it has a more expressive quality that paved the way for developments in the Classical period. This piece is a good introduction to this style, known as 'Empfindsamkeit'.
The included flute duet* is the special feature of this edition, allowing the work to be performed by 2 equal flutes with or without a piano.
CONTENTS: Full Edition = 11 pp comprising: flute solo, piano part, flute duet.
*in the duet version, flute 1 has the complete flute solo, while the accompaniment is compressed into a single line for the flute 2.