- Movements: (1) Minuet (2) Spirit Dance
- Instrumentation: flute & piano /or flutes 1 & 2
- Difficulty Level: Intermediate [ UK grade 5 -6]
- Duration: 6:15" [approx]
- Flute 2 arr: R. Trubger
- Genre: Late Baroque / Rococo
- Format: Printed Edition or PDF download [11 pages]
- Extras: mp3 play-alongs [mp3 file sizes: 12MB].
Also known by its German title, Reigen seliger Geister, the Dance of the Blessed Spirits flute solo is one of the most famous and beautiful pieces in the flutist's repertoire, originally composed by Gluck to be a small but central part of his opera 'Orfeo ed Euridice'.
Some tricky rhythms and note lengths in the Spirit Dance are made easier with the help of the 2nd Flute part*.
The included flute duet* is the special feature of this edition, allowing the work to be performed by 2 equal flutes with or without a piano. Flute 1 has the complete flute solo, while the accompaniment is compressed into a single line for flute 2.