- Movements: (3) Largo (4) Allegro
- Instrumentation: flute & piano /or flutes 1 & 2
- Difficulty Level: Intermediate [ UK grade 5]
- Duration: (1) 1:00 (2) 1:20 [approx timings]
- Flute 2 arr: R. Trubger
- Genre: Baroque
- Format: Printed Edition or PDF download [8 pages]
- Printed Edition includes a CD, whilst stocks last.
Movement 3 is short, graceful and beautiful. Movement 4 is lively and contrasting.
Roz's tip: My student was having a lot of trouble learning these pieces as she couldn't understand the style of them, even when I played the piano with her. So I wrote the duet version* for her and we played it together in the next lesson and 'Eureka!' - the language and style of the piece became clear to her.
*The included flute duet is the special feature of this edition, allowing the work to be performed by 2 equal flutes with or without a piano. Flute 1 has the complete flute solo, while the accompaniment is compressed into a single line for flute 2.
[sample from duet edition, played at slow speed]