- Instrumentation: flute & piano
- Difficulty Level: easy - intermediate [UK grade 3 - 5 ]
- arr: R. Trubger
- Duration: cca. 5:00"
- Genre: Romantic
- Format: Printed Book or digital PDF [15 pages]
- Extras: mp3 play-alongs [size 7MB]
This medley of five melodies was created by Roz Trubger as a birthday gift for Johanna Kinkel's biographer, Monica Klaus. The piano part needs a more advanced player. The tunes are taken from Kinkel's songs:
- Ein froehliches Staendchen [Vogelkantate op.1]
- Abschied [op.19 no.5]
- Turm und Flut [op19 no.6]
- Provencalisches Lied [op.21 no.4]
- Beduinen-Romanze [op.19 no.4]
Johanna Kinkel (also Mathieux, Mockel) made her mark in the worlds of both music and literature and her life makes a fascinating story. Born in Bonn, her childhood music studies were with Beethoven’s teacher. As an adult, she was a friend of Fanny Mendelssohn and Karl Marx. She got caught up in the revolutionary events of 1849 and emigrated to London after helping her husband escape from Spandau prison. Her short life ended tragically when she fell from her bedroom window near Paddington station.