- Instrumentation: alto flute & piano
- Contents: (1) Synnøves Song (2) Solvejgs Song
- Difficulty Level: intermediate and above [ playable from UK grade 5]
- Duration: ca. (1) 1:45" (2) 3:45"
- arranger: Roz Trubger
- Genre: Norwegian
- Format: mp3 digital download play-along [3 - 5.5 MB]
Moving and poignant, some of the most haunting and beautiful music ever written. Both melodies feature a woman waiting for a lover's return and both have Norwegian folk music at their heart.
For the recordings and play-alongs, Synnøves Song has an orchestration by Roz Trubger, and Sovejg's song has the original orchestration by Grieg.
Halfdan Kjerulf was the first composer in Norway to incorporate nationalistic elements into his music, and he heavily influenced the style of Edvard Grieg.