- Instrumentation: piccolo, trombone
- Difficulty Level: advanced [ UK grade 8 ]
- Duration: ca. 4:53"
- Genre: Contemporary Croatian
- Editor: Ana Domancic Krstulovic
- Format: Printed Edition sheet music or digital PDF download [17 pages]
Varijacija na Rossinijevu ariju Rosine iz opere 'Seviljski Brijač’ (variations on Rosina’s aria from ‘The Barber of Seville’) is a modern take on the entire cavatina [andante - moderato]. One single variation in which piccolo and trombone share the themes and create new accompaniments in often atonal harmonies to the famous aria Una voce poco fa.
Audio Extract from the CD Hommage a Boris Papandopulo performed by Ana Domancic Krstulovic (piccolo) and Vanja Lisjak (trombone).
Boris Papandopulo (1906 - 1991) was a notable Croatian composer with an output of more than 300 works. He was also a conductor at the Zagreb Opera and in other cities including Split, Rijeka, Sarajevo and Cairo.