- Movements: 3 & 4 from Sonata in F (HWV 369)
- Instrumentation: flute & piano /or flutes 1 & 2
- Difficulty Level: Intermediate [ UK grade 4]
- Duration: 1:10" & 1:30" cca.
- Flute 2 arr: R. Trubger
- Genre: Baroque
- Format: Printed Edition or PDF download [10 pages]
- Extra: Download mp3 playalongs [file size 2 MB each]
Giga is much easier to play than it sounds, so it is a great choice for a concert or for students who are just beginning to grow in confidence and it is also fun to play. Often appearing in the syllabus of grade flute exams, it also makes an ideal performance piece for GCSE students.
The included flute duet is the special feature of this edition, allowing the work to be performed by 2 equal flutes with or without a piano. Flute 1 has the complete flute solo, while the accompaniment is compressed into a single line for flute 2.
Siciliana (or Siciliano) is a gentle dance of love that has its origins in the island of Sicily and is a good contrast to the exuberant Giga (jig) dance.